Size: 1 Kit, clamshelled
Units per case: 6
Directions:WARNING: DO NOT APPLY WHILE MOTOR IS RUNNING
1. Exhaust system should be cold before repair is started. Always wear protective eyewear and
gloves. Clean rust and dirt from area to be repaired with sandpaper and alcohol wipe supplied.
2. Cut Muffler Cast® bandage into sections about 12” long. Squeeze total contents of Liquid
Activator from tube into empty pan. Immerse Muffler-Cast® bandage sections into Liquid
Activator, gently squeeze excess back into pan.
3. Moisten area to be repaired with wet rag or sponge.
4. Position Heat shield over repair area and wrap the Muffler Cast® strips firmly around the
damaged area overlapping 1” to give a double layer. For best seal, make sure wrap covers an
area the width of included clamp.
5. Put bolt through hole in clamp and start threading bolt into clip. Form clamp around Muffler-
Cast, wrapping the end of the band through the slot at the other end. Squeeze clamp tight
and drop the end of the clip into the closest clip slot. Tighten clamp. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN!
6. Do not start engine for ½ hour after repair to allow for proper curing. After ½ hour, start
engine and idle for about 10 minutes to complete repair.